Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Am I The Loser

My name is Brianna and this is my dating story. Several years ago, I was desperately horny. That is not my usual state, but was the result of having just been through a divorce. Now divorces are not known to make you horny in themselves. My issue is that I had been celibate during most of the contest, and now that it was over I had gotten my long lost libido back in spades.  My problem was that I had been out of the dating scene for a long time, was in a different decade, and really had no idea where to go or what to do to find a date. My sister Darla suggested that I try Plentyoffish. I told her that I got the fact that eating lots of fish helped you get omega 3 fatty acids into your system and that was good for your skin and general well-being, but I had never heard of it lowering your sex drive. Besides, my problem was that I did not want to lower my libido, I wanted a man to get it on with! She informed me that it was a dating site that I should try and maybe I could meet a nice guy to spend some time with. My first response was, “NO WAY” then I gave it some thought and decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE!

Well the name plentyoffish is certainly accurate. I met some barracudas and a few slimy eels, and even someone that I thought of as pond scum. Plenty of patience is what they should call it, because I ran out of it before I ever found anyone decent.

The first guy that I ran into that seemed okay said that he liked to play with his kids and hang out at the beach walking around and collecting sea shells and stuff. He sounded like a decent guy but when I checked his profile it said he doesn’t have any kids; moving on.

The next man I met in the chat room seemed nice enough. He described himself to me as a trim 35 year old man who had no kids and had been divorced for a few years. He was looking for a serious relationship. When I met the dude in person, he was 65 if he was a day. His hair was all white, and he had quite a beer belly. At least 48 inches! He was dressed in all black cowboy clothes. My God he looked like an Grand Ole Opry washout. I was waiting for him to pull out a guitar and start singing “Forget The Past”. I wish I could forget him.

The next one spoke in a semi-Ebonics patois, and that is weird considering that he was white and all. All he could talk about was having sex with me. Well I told him if he touched me I was going to scream and call the police. I had to cut and run yet again! I rushed home to log into plentyofmorons to block him.

I talked to Darla and told her that her wonderful dating site, plentyofduds, had not been so good for me in any way. Well she talked me into giving it yet another try. I was more successful this time and started communicating with a fellow who seemed to be nice. From my perspective he was funny, sensible, and smart. When he asked to meet me in person, I agreed.

He took me to a nice club and as we sat down at the table a few of my friends who also  happened to be there came over to say hello. I invited them to sit with us. After all, they were friends, this was only a get acquainted date and I had no intention of finding myself between the sheets. Maybe it was intuition that had me invite them. I really do not know, but I did not think that there was any harm in it. My date on the other hand seem to have a big problem with it. He said “I'm not standing for this!” I said then sit down and shut up. Turns out he had no sense of humor, didn't dance or drink and when my friend told a joke he replied I'm not getting it. I said that’s right honey your not.

After that, the online acquaintances just started to blur together. There was an accountant in there, a sales clerk, a farmer of all things, a financial consultant, and a bunch of other guys who just did not cut it for me.  I may have been around the track a bit, but I keep myself physically healthy and trim with diet and strenuous exercise. I am also very truthful. I expect that any man I partner with to keep themselves actively healthy and not to lie to me. I was concerned that I was just wasting my time because a few more months had gone by with little to show for it. Plentyoffish had turned into plentyofnothing for me. It got that I would start to hum that Gershwin tune every time I logged in to the site.

So I found myself alone quite a bit over several months. I felt that the dating site was just not working for me at all. Now don't get me wrong, I was getting action, just not like the kind of action I wanted. I was fishing for a nice big swordfish, and all I kept landing were squid, suckers, and other small bait fish. I told my sister that I was tired of online dating sites. They were just not working for me. I did not want to log into plentyoftimewasted any more.

She told me there was another site that some of her friends had used and they seemed to meet some OK guy's. If I wanted she said would get me the link that would point me in the right direction. Since I was doing pretty much nothing with my spare time, I decided to give it a try, and said yes.

So when I went to the site, I was surprised to find that it was not a dating site at all. It was actually a dating review site. It had done a lot of work to select and categorize what it called the top dating sites on the internet. It was really easy to use. I selected a couple of sites and joined. One I had to pay for, and the other I did not have to pay. Within hours I was getting results. I did find that there were a bunch of idiots on them as well, but not quite as many as I was used to tap dancing around. I am now dating a couple of guys, one from each site. They are both nice guys, they are not cheap, they do not do weird things, and I feel great being seen in public with them. What a difference. Finally, my life is going someplace good again!

I tried to figure out why I was successful on these other sites and not on plentyoffish. I believe that plentyoffish attracts more than his fair share of losers just because the site is totally free.. I mean, would you want to spend the rest of your life with someone unsuccessful, or someone who is too cheap to pay for something? But free sites attracts exactly these kinds of people. When I took a harder look at the listed sites, I realized that every one of them were pay for use sites. In a way, that is an automatic filter on them because unsuccessful people and cheap people tend to stay away from them. I also found out that for several of these sites, only the men pay. As a woman, I have been just as successful on sites where only the men pay as sites where the men and the women have to pay.

So if you want some of the right kind of action, I highly recommend that you try the link below.
Top100datingpersonals

No comments:

Post a Comment